I Heart BBQ!
I have wanted for so long to make pulled pork sandwiches, but I could never find a piece of pork small enough. About two weeks ago I stumbled on the exact size pork shoulder that I needed! Hooray! Last week for our Thursday night dinner with my stepson, I decided to make the pulled pork sandwiches.
This is super easy, super tasty, and cooked in the crock pot all day. My husband was the first one to come home and be greeted by the wonderful aroma. He was definitely ready to eat dinner at that moment. I arrived home, and I have to admit, it smelled so delicious. It was so nice to come home from work and only have to make the side dishes. I chose to make chopped slaw, garlic “smashed” red potatoes, and peas.
I LOVE recipes that allow me to use my crock pot, especially during the work week. If you have a crock pot, love bbq, and want a stress free dinner, then you should definitely give this a try!
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
2 ½ to 3 Pound Pork Shoulder
1 (21 oz) Bottle of your favorite Bbq Sauce
1 (8 oz) can of Beer (You can substitute root beer, Dr. Pepper, or water)
“Your favorite seasonings” (To taste)
- Turn your crock pot on the “low” setting.
- Place into crock pot: Pork, beer, seasonings.
- Cover and cook 8 – 10 hours.
- 1 Hour before serving, remove pork and drain juices from crock pot.
- On a cutting board, using 2 forks, “shred” pork and return to crock pot.
- Pour entire bottle of Bbq sauce and stir until pork is completely coated.
- Replace lid and leave crock pot on “low” settings.
- Stir again just before serving
Yields: 6-8 servings